In-Home 245D Services

245D Services can help you acquire or regain independence in your home or community.  Our highly trained Direct Support Providers (DSPs) will help you reach your goals and aspirations by learning about what’s important in your life, then mapping a plan to get you where you want to be.  Our staff keep you engaged with your community and help you complete meaningful activities in your life.  By allowing our DSPs into your life, you allow peace of mind to be restored.

Minnesota Statutes, Chapter 245D, regulates the provision of home and community-based services to persons with disabilities and persons age 65 and older.  Services that require a 245D license are broken into two groups: basic services and intensive services.  Basic and intensive services both provide the level of care necessary to ensure the health and welfare of the person receiving the service.  The primary difference is that basic services are directed toward supervision; whereas intensive services are specifically intended to train, treat, and habilitate or re-habilitate the person.

Of all the services allowed under the 245D license, HHHC currently provides Companion Services, In-Home Respite Care, Independent Living, Supporting Living, and Personal Support. To learn more about each of the listed individual services, please click on the individual services below. If you have any questions, please give our 245D Designated Manager a call at 651-262-5509, or call the main office at 651-488-1680.

Companion Services

Companion services provide emotional support and can assist with non-medical supervision to help facilitate socialization opportunities and enrich your life.

In-Home Respite Care

In the absence of your primary caregiver or family member(s), our trained caregivers provide short-term care services to ensure your health and safety.

Independent Living

Independent Living services provide direct training from professional staff to develop, maintain, and improve independent and community living skills.

Supported Living

Trained support professionals assist individuals requiring staff intervention due to behavior problems, medical conditions, physical deficits and/or lack of adequate survival skills.

Personal Support

Personal support is non-medical care, supervision, and assistance provided to achieve increased independence, productivity, and inclusion in the community.

Still have questions? Contact us today at (651) 488-1680 or fill out this form.

To Qualify for 245D Services

The eligibility requirements for waivers are the prerequisites for obtaining these waivered services; meaning that you must be approved for the brain injury (BI), community alternative care (CAC), community alternatives for disabled individuals (CADI), developmental disabilities (DD), or elderly waivers prior to beginning your search for a provider that will supply ILS, In-home family support, etc.  Depending on which waiver you pick and are approved for, that will determine which services are available to you.  You can select from a variety of services with each waiver, and pick as many as appropriate based on the budget that is allowed.  Often times recipients have a combination of services with each designed to accomplish different, predetermined goals.

Of the 245D services that HHHC currently provides, ILS can be supported with the BI, CAC, or CADI waivers.  Personal support and residential habilitation services like in-home family support and supported living services can only be supported with the DD waiver.

Case managers from Ramsey County have said getting into a waiver is highly regulated and difficult.  Priority goes to those who need the services most.  There is a waiting list with over 1000 people on it and in some instances, someone could wait as long as ten years.  Prior to being approved for a waiver, a person must undergo extensive screening.  For example in the case of a DD waiver, a person will need to first be eligible for MN Rule 185, which governs the provision of case management administration and services to persons with developmental disabilities.  To be eligible for Rule 185, a comprehensive diagnostic evaluation from a licensed professional is required of the person and it must show that the person has significant developmental disabilities or related conditions.  This is just one step, among others, in getting approved for a DD waiver.  Most of the people who are approved have mild, moderate, or severe mental retardation.  In some rare cases, autism accompanied with maladaptive behavior will qualify someone for Rule 185 case management and the DD waiver.  However, even after being approved for Rule 185, it does not guarantee that a person will receive the DD waiver.

The services themselves do not have eligibility criteria.  If someone truly desired any of these services, and are unable to get the waivers, they could receive them if it was privately purchased.  If you feel that yourself  or a loved one may benefit from any of these services and need assistance with where to start, Hmong Home Health Care. can help direct you to the governing state agencies to apply for assistance in these programs.