In-Home Care FAQs


What is Home Care?

Home health care encompasses a broad spectrum of health-related services that can be provided to clients in the home setting. There is nothing more comforting than receiving care from your loved ones in the familiarity of your home. This is not only a more convenient method of care and recovery, but can be more cost-effective than the care received in a hospital, nursing facility, or other group care setting.

What is HHHC?

HHHC stands for Hmong Home Health Care. We are a home care agency dedicated to providing unmatched care services to enhance the lives of our clients and enable them to live the lifestyle they choose. For over 25 years, we have provided personalized PCA, homemaking, and other (245D) services to seniors and other people with disabilities.

What areas does HHHC serve?

Hmong Home Health Care is based in the Twin Cities and serves thousands throughout the state of Minnesota.

What insurances are accepted?

We accept the following insurances:

  • Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
  • Health Partners (HP)
  • Medica
  • Medical Assistance (MA or MN Medicaid)
  • Ucare

Contact us if you have an insurance not listed above.

Common abbreviations

  • CDCS = Consumer-Directed Community Support
  • CSG = Consumer Support Grant
  • DHS = Department of Human Services (Minnesota state department)
  • DSP = Direct Support Professional
  • FSE = Fiscal Support Entity, the agency you choose to handle administrative duties on your behalf (billing the state)
  • Participant/Client/Consumer = the person receiving services
  • PCA = Personal Care Assistant, this is the employee that provides care to the client)
  • RN/LPN = Registered nurse/ Licensed practical nurse
  • RP = Responsible Party, the person designated to make decisions for the client (in some cases the client can be his/her own RP)
  • QP = Qualified Professional
For Clients

How do I know if I qualify for services?

The easiest way to determine your status for services is by contacting us, as every case is different. For PCA services, you must qualify for Medicaid and an assessment of your needs must be conducted by a third-party health professional. For some other services (245D), you must be approved for a waiver which will then determine what services are available to you.

What if I don’t qualify for Medicaid or Waivers?

We are happy to serve clients on a private pay basis as well.

What services does HHHC provide?

HHHC offers a variety of PCA, homemaking, and 245D services that are custom-tailored to meet the needs of our clients. To learn more about our services, click here to be redirected to our services page or contact us today.

How do I refer a client or a loved one?

If you believe that you or a loved one qualifies for any of our services, please complete this form, call us at 651-488-1680, or email us at

As a client, how do I choose the hours my caregiver works?

The hours your caregiver works are determined on a case-by-case basis and take into account the hours of service you’ve been authorized for, and your personal scheduling preferences and care needs.

For Caregivers

How do I become a caregiver?

If you are interested in employment as a caregiver for HHHC, please fill out our interest form, call us at 651-488-1680, or email us at and we will provide you with more information.

What benefits does HHHC provide for caregivers?

Our caregivers receive highly competitive hourly pay and are eligible for

  • Holiday bonus pay
  • Annual Thanksgiving turkey giveaway
  • Direct deposit and pay card options
  • Health Benefits Plan*
  • Life Insurance Plan*

*For qualifying employees

What qualifications do I need to become a caregiver?

Our caregivers are compassionate and dedicated individuals who understand that their work is more than just a job. All caregivers must pass a background screen performed by the MN Department of Human Services, clear reference checks, and complete appropriate training provided by HHHC.

Are caregivers provided training?

Yes! We provide free comprehensive orientation and training programs that include on-the-job experience with one of our licensed professionals to help caregivers master the details of your client’s specific care plan. We also provide regular, ongoing training and support to help our caregivers continue to be successful in providing the highest quality care.

Can I be an employee/caregiver for my child?

Yes! At Hmong Home Health Care, we can provide counseling on necessary lifestyle changes and we take care of the paperwork and caregiver training so that caregivers can focus on what’s important—providing quality care for your loved one. Contact us for more information.

Still have questions? Contact us today at (651) 488-1680 or fill out this form.